I seriously cannot get enough of these Coconut Berry Bliss Bites. I keep them in the freezer, out of sight!
For the filling…
100g raw cashew nuts (pre soaked in filtered water for at least 1 hour).
110g shredded coconut (desiccated unsweetened coconut)
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
1 T coconut oil
70g coconut sugar or xylitol
100g fresh of frozen raspberries ( you can omit these and just have plain or half plain + half berry, in which case adjust berry quantity)
For the Chocolate…
260g raw cacao butter
140g raw cacao powder
230g rice malt syrup
1. Blend all of the filling ingredients to form a slightly textured paste.
2. Roll into small balls, slightly wetting hands between each one or use a suitably sized silicon mould and firmly fill with mixture.
3. Place balls in freezer for at least an hour otherwise they will be difficult to handle when applying chocolate.
4. Melt the raw cacao butter in heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the raw cocoa powder and then the rice malt syrup and mix well until smooth and silky.
6. Poke a bamboo skewer, fork or ice cream stick into the frozen balls of filling and dip into the chocolate mixture.
7. Place on tray lined with parchment paper and pop back into freezer to set.
8. You can repeat step 6 if you feel the need to double or triple dip.
Once set you can keep in air tight container in fridge or out of sight in freezer. These are also fine to store out of fridge.
Depending on how many times you repeat step 6 you can end up with spare chocolate mixture. Place any spare chocolate mixture in airtight container and store in pantry. You will want to chocolate dip everything from fresh fruit to dehydrated oranges!
Feel free to decorate the chocolate balls after final chocolate dip with some extra shredded coconut, cacao nibs, lavender, sprinkle of crushed nuts, dried mint, bee pollen…or just leave as is.